VENPMT-REISSUECK RANGE SCREEN
From OpenRDA Answers
What This Process Does
- This report writes the new check number and date to the voucher and populates the Original Check Number and Reissued fields.
- It also writes to the BNKCHK file in Bank Rec module (zeros out the amount in the original check and creates a new check record).
- The new check can be printed using the Select Reissued flag on the Select and Range tab of the Print Checks report.
- The cleared checks process for the original check number (the lost check) should always be undone when the new check date is not in the same month as the original check date. This will ensure that cash is affected correctly in Financial Management. A product announcement was submitted by Phyllis Flowers on July 31, 2013 concerning this best practice. To view the announcement, click here
- Update Bank Reconciliation - No records are selected if Update Bank Rec (Checks → Check Register/Update Bank) has not occurred.
- Undo Clear Checks - If the new check date is not in the same month as the original check date, you should Undo the Clear Checks process for this check before assigning the new check number and check date. Run the Clear Checks process once the new check number has been assigned. This will ensure that cash is affected correctly in Financial Management.
Stopped Payment / Reissued Checks
- Procurement → Vendor Payments → Maintenance → Void Checks and EFTs → Stopped Payment/Reissued Checks
- Enter Bank Identification.
- Enter Vendor Identification. (exactly the way it appears on the Vendor Master Maintain screen)
- Enter Original Check Number.
- Assign New Check Number.
- Enter New Check Date.
- Click Select (Process wheel) button.
||Bank account for original and new check.|
|Vendor Identification (exactly the way it appears on the Vendor Master Maintain screen)||
|Original Check Number||
||Original check number|
|New Check Number||
||New check number|
|New Check Date||
||New check date|