LVEMGT-YEAR END MENU
From OpenRDA Answers
Main Page → Leave Management → Documentation → Maintenance → Year End Menu
What This Process Does
- The Year End sub-menu, under Maintenance, groups the most commonly used end-of-fiscal-year Leave processes together to assist users in determining which processes need to be run.
- The Leave Job Summary Report should be run before starting the year-end process, so that employees' ending balances can be reviewed, and any unprocessed Earned and/or Used amounts can be identified; this report can be run from the Year End sub-menu, or the Reports menu.
- Balances cannot be moved into the new year until all Unprocessed (i.e., non-updated) amounts are cleared out; transactions must be source user verified (i.e., flags must be set on the Earned/Used Audit Trail) before they can be updated.
- Once the Leave Job Summary Report shows all 0.00 Unprocessed Earned and Used transactions, auto archive it, prior to running the year-end processes, so you have a future reference of employees' ending balances.
- During the Move Leave Balance process, run the Update Leave Used/Earned after each type of move: (1) after zeroing out balances for all applicable Leave ID's , (2) after moving leave from one Leave ID to another, for example, Personal to Sick (run the report after EACH of these moves), and (3) when finished moving all leave into the new fiscal.
Year End Menu
- HR → Leave Management → Maintenance → Year End
- Reports/processes that are commonly run during the year-end leave process are listed under the Year End sub-menu.
- The reports and processes should be run in order as they appear in the menu; some processes may not be needed, depending on the customer's data.
Re-establish Unprocessed Leave Amounts
- This report is used to zero unprocessed amounts in the leave masters and leave job masters, when the Update Leave Used / Earned process has already been run, and some unprocessed amounts still exist; this report then re-establishes any valid unprocessed amounts. A valid unprocessed amount is a leave earned or used transaction which has not been source user verified (i.e., had flags set) and updated.
- If there are no unprocessed earned or used amounts after running the Update Used / Earned process, this step can be skipped.
- For more detailed information on this report, please see Re-establish Unprocessed Leave Amounts.
Leave Job Master Unprocessed Amounts
- This report is used to check for unprocessed Earned and/or Used amounts.
- It should be run after the Update Leave Used/Earned and the Re-establish Unprocessed Leave Amounts (if needed) are run.
- If there are unprocessed amounts on the report, do not proceed with running any other process until the unprocessed amounts are cleared out; unprocessed transactions need to be verified by the source user of the transaction, by running the appropriate audit trail(s), and then be updated, by running the Update Leave Used/Earned process.
- The Move Leave Balance and Cap Leave Balance processes will not include unprocessed amounts, so it's important to clear all unprocessed amounts.
- For more detailed information on this report, please see Leave Job Master Unprocessed Amounts.
Query Leave Transactions
- Enables the user to run a query on leave transactions, when necessary, to determine which transactions are unverified and/or unupdated.
- On the Select tab, the user can choose to look for transactions that have not been source user verified, by flagging Select When Verified False, and un-flagging Select When Verified True.
- The user can choose to look for transactions that have not been updated, by flagging Select When Updated False, and un-flagging Select When Updated True.
- For more detailed information on this report, please see Query Leave Transactions.
Move Leave Balances
- This process is used to move or clear (zero out) leave balances from the current fiscal year to the new fiscal year, reset all used and earned amounts to zero, and move the ending balance forward, per your organization's leave policies.
- This process can also be used to move balances from one Leave ID to another, in cases of policies that require excess to be moved, such as from Personal to Sick.
- Do not enter any earned or used transactions for the new fiscal year until this process has been completed.
- The Move Leave Balances process is highly recommended to be run at the end of each fiscal year, in order to verify and reset balances each fiscal.
- This process helps in troubleshooting leave issues that occurred in a specific fiscal year.
- For more detailed information on this process, please see Move Leave Balances.
- This report is used to update unprocessed Earned and Used leave transactions.
- Transactions are created as a result of the Move Leave Balances and Cap Leave Balances processes, so once either of those processes is completed, run the Update Leave Used/Earned report to update all transactions.
- All transactions should reflect as processed once the Update is complete.
- For more detailed information on this process, please see Update Leave.
Leave Job Summary Report
- This report uses the Leave Job Summary records, and will display leave balances for each employee for each Leave ID, including processed and unprocessed amounts.
- It's highly recommended to run this report for all employees before starting the year end process and then again once it's complete.
- When it's run after the Move Leave Balance process is complete, review it to verify that all employees have only a Beginning Balance and Ending Balance, and that those amounts are the same; there should be no Earned or Used amounts, either processed or unprocessed.
- Save the report in E-Documents in order to have a beginning-of-fiscal-year snapshot; in the Device Window, choose AUTOARCHIVE as the Device Name, and click the printer icon to save; then go to View E-Documents, select the report, and add “Start of FYxx” (or something similar) to the Description field, so that it can be easily identified.
- For more detailed information on this report, please see Leave Job Summary Report.
- These processes are used to compute dollar amounts for leave liability.
- Additional setup is required for leave liability, and depending on the customer's software version, the bundle may need to be purchased.
- This process can be run by the customer, or the customer can purchase assistance for RDA to run the process.
- Timing is crucial to calculate leave liability; Move Leave Balances must be completed first, and any transactions entered for the new fiscal year cannot be updated.
- Liability must be calculated prior to entering new salaries and pay rates for the new fiscal year.
- For more detailed information, please refer to the Report Description tab for each of the related processes and reports in the Leave Liability sub-menu.
Update Leave Fiscal Beginning Balances
- This process is used to establish the beginning balance in the Leave Fiscal Year File, as a reporting tool.
- The Ending Balance from the Leave Job Master for active leave job masters will be updated as the beginning balance.
- For more detailed information on this process, please see Update Leave Fiscal Beginning Balances.
Export Fiscal Year File
- This process is used to export the Fiscal Year File information to a csv file.
- For more detailed information on this process, please see Export Fiscal Year File.