From OpenRDA Answers
What This Process Does
- Allows setup of a leave table based on longevity or contract days, to determine earned amounts using one Leave ID.
- Eliminates the need to set up multiple Leave ID's for each earned amount.
- Using leave tables is the best practice, as opposed to setting up a different Leave ID for each earned amount.
- The results are a cleaner, more efficient leave setup, especially when integrating with 3rd parties such as AESOP.
- Leave policies should be reviewed prior to building leave tables.
- In Personnel Demographics, the Adjusted DOE field is used to determine date of employment for leave earned in the leave table, and is required for setup.
- If new Leave Descriptions will be needed, set up Leave Tables in Define Table prior to setting up new Leave IDs. After table(s) are set up, then the Leave Description can be added and the leave table can be linked to the Leave ID
Leave Table Set Up
Leave Description ID
- HR → Leave Management → Setup → Leave Description: Set up a Leave Description ID for the type of leave needed; Leave ID can be generic, such as SICK; refer to LVEMGT-LEAVE DESCRIPTION MASTER BROWSE for detailed information on setting up new Leave IDs
- Leave Earned tab on the Leave ID: Earn Type should be Personnel Longevity Table or Contract Day Table
- Maximum Accrual tab: Maximum Accrual Type should be Flat Amount; enter the maximum accrual (earned) amount in the Maximum Accrual field specific to this Leave ID.
- Table tab: Table Type is Table Name; use drop-down on the field to the right to choose the actual table name set up in the Define Tables (table name is not available until table is set up in the Define Tables).
- HR → Leave Management → Setup → Define Table
- Click Add (+) to add a new table.
||The module will default to the existing module on the Define List, most likely PAYROLL; Delete, and type in LVEMGT|
||Type in the name of the leave table|
|Inclusive of Upper Limit||
||This boolean determines whether the upper limit in each tier is included when determining the rate/amount for that tier or if it will use the rate in the next tier. Required to check this boolean if the leave policy states that the higher earned amount will be given once the employee has exceeded the anniversary date. In each tier, the same number will be set in the previous tier's To column as it is in the next Tier's From column; Example: If the From field is 1 for one year, and the To column is 2 for two years, the next tier would be From 2; if this boolean is checked, in order for the employee to receive the next tier earned amount, the employee would have to be employed over 2 years. Using the same example, if the boolean is unchecked, the employee would receive the next tier earned amount on the 2 year anniversary (Read the Add Leave Earned in Mass wiki for more information on timing of when the report is run compared to the Adjusted Date of Employment).|
||Type in the title of the leave table|
||Type in an additional title or description of the leave table|
Adding Tiers to Define Table
- Earned amounts added to the table should be based on the frequency that employees should earn leave.
- Click on Select (eye icon) to add the first tier.
- Populate the From and To fields with the first range of years of service or contract days for the first earned amount, and click Save. Note that the From field must be 0 on the very first tier
- Type in the earned amount in the Base field.
- Rate field: leave blank.
- Click the down arrow at the bottom of the table to add the next tier below the first one added (can use the up arrow to add a tier above a tier already added, if the new one should precede the existing tier). The From field will already be populated with the previous tier's To number. Type in the To number for the new tier, and click on Save.
- The last tier To field needs to read 999999.
- If a tier needs to be deleted, highlight the tier, and click Delete (trash can icon) at the bottom of the table.
- After all tiers are added, click Save at the bottom of the table.
Managing Leave Earned
- Once table is created, add the table name to the Leave ID.
- To earn leave, go to HR → Leave Management → Earned tab on Task Menu → Add Leave Earned in Mass
- If earned amounts are added once a year, this report can be used to add the earned amount based on the longevity table, and only the top portion of the report should be populated, with no additional ranging.
- If earned amounts are added on a monthly frequency, can range on Hire Month in order to add leave earned for each month in which employees were hired; the earned amount will be based on the time at which the report is run, so will need to be aware of any employees who are close to moving into the next tier.